Sunday, April 20, 2008

Anywhere but here.

Like the rainbow exudes... stays for a second and then leaves without any hint about when it will show up next- I want to flee. Away into the darkness, into the tint and shade of that nightmare where I feel safe and protected. I want to feel that innocence that only the kid inside me can bring. I want to live past the horrors that today brought and walk into the dread of the indeterminate tomorrow.

I am no longer afraid, because you have given me the strength to be anywhere but here. I choke on my own air and suffocate in the same surrounding that once aroused the mortal in me. I can dare to be happy and hold myself back from the malicious smile I wanted to smile all along. I can dream to desire the forbidden fruit and voice the verboten verses that swindle in my head. I am not afraid. I can be.

You've shown me that I can be, anywhere but here. But you have clouded my destination by your antipathy and shown me no signs of backing off or rue. I shudder, but I follow my heart. I block my fear, look it in the eye, tell it I'm strong I will make it through the rain. I don't need your sympathy. I miss my friends. Everyone who pretended to care, but has left me helpless and in the time of need. Because you said so. I wish you were here to see me make it. Someplace you thought only you can take me. On the brink of bliss and yet I shed a lonesome tear, remembering how good it would have been if you were here. However, I'd be anywhere but here...In the comfort of your arms, in the cradle of your love.

No comments: