Saturday, July 5, 2008

All Apologies.

I ducked the sliver flash that went past me, I hid from the holocaust and saved myself. I saw the little fireflies buzz their fluttery wings and I drowned in the music of those little things. I closed my eyes, to imbibe the moment I closed them a little too tight because what I saw after the lids were shut is still looming over me like a haunted kite.

The cocoon of a butterfly unfurled so slowly, the leaves fell of the tree majestically, I fell from grace at a snails pace and you broke into tears like a sweet symphony. I held your tears as they rolled down your cheek, I kept them in an oyster's shell. I held your face in my cupped hands lightly as you wept me out your sorrowful tale. I rummaged through the scraps like a hungry stray dog, I picked up pieces like a urchin child. You held your gaze in milky starlight, in your heart you had me exiled. I breathed truth in your ears, you didn't hear me, I smelt the love in your caustic heart. Yet you didn't say those words so dear to me, I nodded understood your rubble path.

It's hard I know more for you than me, and yet it's hope that's keeps me on. Don't give up on me, I grieve so coarsely this moment is all I've ever had.

No comments: