Saturday, November 29, 2008

Sometimes I just want to sleep my days and nights put together. When I twist and turn in bed, thinking of reasons to sleep. Just toss around in the sheets, tire myself and fall back to sleep. Sometimes, I just don't want my day to end or for another to begin at all. All of this happens when I'm looking for something, waiting.
I can't sleep.
I can't breathe.
I'm waiting for him to come back.
Because he is everything.

There must be some kind of tranquilizer that would make all of this a bad dream and when the next time I open my eyes, I would find myself in the arms of heaven. The earth, hell and everything in between would've vanished and all that remained would be things that will lift spirits and spread joy. Endlessly.

It happened so fast, he came in, conquered, I disappointed, he left. Just one day, we went walking and he didn't need to take my hand in his anymore. Everything had changed. I knew right then. And then there was the time, when he held me close to him, my body writhing up against the wall, my eyes split wide open in horror, when I saw his hand that once caressed my face, flying across. I felt a pang of emotions, no pain, no hurt, just the repercussion of a fallen cause. Tears streamed down my face, it wasn't because the hit hurt, it was because I knew I deserved it and he hated to do it but he did.

It's all a blur now, from within this curtain, it's all hazy and blurry.
Maybe this is what a slow painful death looks like.
Yes, that must be it.
Because, nothing certainly is worse than this.
Nothing else.

No comments: