Monday, August 25, 2008

Beside me.

Right beside me, when I need you. When I cry, your shoulder's the first to catch my tears. When I smile, your eyes are the first to glitter. When I feel lonely you're hand is the first to touch. When I sleep, your voice is the lullaby I hear.

And then I wake up, from the most fulfilling dream in a very long time. I look around and I'm lost because all of that is lost. In the blink of an eye, everything that I touched turned to dust. All that remained are archaic remains of the memories we built with so much love and so much hope.

Beside me lies the corpse of Us. Beside it, is the grave I sleep in.

But the crack in the coffin is reason enough for me to rise and haunt. Lingering in the heart of his resentment and losing blood and breath every second.

Beside me, is the sun, the warmth of which I shall walk away from and embrace the reality that is beyond the bright light. Squinting and then finally donning the rose colored glasses and looking through the mirror- to the other side.

Beside me, is you. Forever and always.

1 comment:

bigbugbug000 said...

activate the reaction thing..its easier to react than to comment..go to the edit blog link through your dashboard..

I wanna 'aww' to this..