Sunday, August 24, 2008

Eat me alive.

Pick me up, throw me down, hold me tight, let me fall. Watch me cry, lick my tears, kiss my face, bite my soul.

Why don't you just eat me alive. t would hurt much less.

Why don't you just throw me away, I would fall far off.

Why don't you just tell me what you want, I wouldn't cry anymore.

Just eat me alive, it will ease the pain.

Insecure. Passionate. Dubious. Incognizant.

Why am I no longer allowed to be Insecure?

Why am I battered for feeling the love?

Why am I being kicked around for how I want to hold your hand?

Why am I gazing into your eyes even though I know you'd never say 'I Love You'.

Why do I jump at the sight of your text message?

Why does a smile spread across my face when you call?

Why do I feel proud of walking right next to you?

Why do I love to show you off?

All of this, just so that I can see those feelings being reborn in your eyes, the affection in your voice, the love in your touch and the belonging in your arms.

When I don't see any of that, I fall into the deep lair of delusion. I fall so fast, at such speed that I lose consciousness. I lose my mind, my soul, my control and I turn savage. Savage to want what I want, to get what I want, to get to you. The desperation lingers in my eyes and I lurch around the corner, waiting for the right moment to jump and cease it.

This is heaven to me, and I protect it with all I have till I breathe,

This is my love. This is my life.

1 comment:

Doris said...

i really like this piece....