Sunday, August 3, 2008

Far away.

In those eyes that reflected love once upon a time, I look so deeply and yet a confusion takes over me. There is something that stands in the way, I see so in the half smiles and the empty gazes....those lonely moments of eerie silence, the gasps of air in between making love. The stony stares which I look away from and the unkempt promises that you choose to overlook. I walk beside and you seem to walk alone, I gaze at you dreamily and you seem to dream another dream, I laugh with you and you stop suddenly.... I can feel the love, in parts even so but there is the void, a listless nimbus that hovers over us... cursing...
I look up, praying every night of every day, praying for the wicked witch of the west of let us be... but she consumes me more and more everyday, pushing me onto the path of skeptism and non-belief... but then I see you, trying... putting aside your pride, your hurt, your anger and trying... hoping and along th way sprinkling those snow flakes of love upon me... and I realize that all my prayers are answered. It will be better, it will rain, it will shine, yet another day...and you and I both see, the day isn't so far away.

Hanging on for hope- A true story.

No comments: