Friday, March 28, 2008

Misanthrope Monolugue, it is

Simple sayings swindle slowly
Mystic feelings choke and gag me
Inhibitions drop down to earth
I fall from grace but it doesn't hurt.

Polka dots, stars and stripes
My veins are clogged blood rushes in pipes
Voices boom, echo and fade
Reminiscing the moment, I swayed.I swayed.

Marching soldiers, dancing dwarfs
Fairy tales and real life both morphed
Smoke rises out of sight
I look above and see a bright white light.

Angels don't sing, the clouds don't part
The light vanishes,the clouds depart
Nothing remotely sensational sails
My thoughts provoked, mind impaled.

Mindless mumbles, blabber and spew
Conscience knocks,fearful reviews
Dejected opinions begin to sink in
I gulp another glass of tonic and gin.

Drunk, stoned, out of wits
Another day, same story remits
No help, no hand to hold and caress,
My life's a series of crimes I confessed.

Here I am now, in a lone corner estranged
Feeling delusional and endlessly deranged
The mind of a troubled rebel recluse
Head spinning free endless torture induced.


And so it goes. The mind of a troubled recluse. What is so torturous? What is so painful? Questions that swindle from one being to another and yet rest in the fissures of nothingness and eternity.

No comments: